Palak Shah, MD
Palak Shah, MD, is an adult epileptologist at Minnesota Epilepsy Group.
Dr. Shah completed medical school at Government Medical College, Surat, India. She then completed her neurology residency at Penn State University and Hershey Medical Center. Dr. Shah completed fellowships in clinical neurophysiology and adult epilepsy at University of Pittsburgh.
Dr. Shah’s areas of expertise and interest include epilepsy in women, refractory epilepsy, epilepsy surgery, and prolonged video EEG/ICU EEG monitoring. Outside of medicine she enjoys activities such as reading, dancing, and spending time with her two kids.
Dr. Shah appreciates her patients’ viewpoints and incorporates their concerns in her treatment suggestions. “Life with epilepsy can be complex and my goal always is to make sure we, together, develop a plan that works for you and improves your quality of life. I wouldn’t suggest any treatment plan that I wouldn’t use for my own family in a similar situation.”
Education & Training
- Medical School – Government Medical College, Surat, India
- Residency – Neurology – Penn State University/ Hershey Medical center, Hershey, PA
- Fellowship – Clinical Neurophysiology – University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- Adult Epilepsy – University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
Areas Of Expertise
Areas of Active Interest
- Epilepsy in women
- Refractory Epilepsy
- Epilepsy surgery
- Prolonged video EEG/ICU EEG monitoring
Interests Outside Medicine
Reading, Dancing, Music, Traveling, Spending time with my two kids
Leadership & Membership
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Epilepsy Society
- American Clinical Neurophysiology Society