Bryan Mendes, MD
Bryan Mendes, MD, is a pediatric epileptologist at Minnesota Epilepsy Group.
Dr. Mendes completed his undergraduate at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign before attending medical school at University of Illinois Chicago. He then completed his residency at Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital and his fellowship at Children’s Hospital Colorado.
Dr. Mendes’ areas of expertise and interest include new-onset epilepsy, epilepsy in adolescence, dissociative/psychogenic non-epileptic seizures, and quantitative EEG. Outside of medicine he enjoys trail running, board and table top games, science fiction novels and films, and photography.
Dr. Mendes finds working with pediatric patients very rewarding. “I had seizures myself as a child, and I think this taught me early on that managing epilepsy is far more than just stopping seizures. Being able to help my patients live and thrive with an epilepsy diagnosis is easily the highlight of my day.”
Education & Training
- Undergraduate – University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Medical School – University of Illinois Chicago
- Residency – Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital
- Fellowship – Children’s Hospital Colorado
Areas Of Expertise
Areas of Active Interest
- New-onset epilepsy
- Epilepsy in adolescence
- Dissociative / psychogenic non-epileptic events
- Quantitative EEG
Interests Outside Medicine
- Trail running
- Board games / tabletop games
- Science fiction novels / films
Leadership & Membership
- Child Neurology Society
- American Epilepsy Society