Major Accountability: Responsible to the Nurse Team Leader(s) to deliver quality, safe patient care in an ethical manner. Collaborate and work under the direction of both the adult and pediatric physicians. Work with staff to ensure a friendly, safe and customer service oriented delivery of care.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain nursing standards and practices that are required and consistent with the Minnesota Nurse Practice Act, licensing agencies.
- Work in collaboration with physician to coordinate and manage care for a specific caseload of patients to assure immediate and ongoing care needs are met.
- Provides leadership by serving as a clinical expert, educator, and liaison between the patient population and the medical, nursing, and interdisciplinary staff who care for them.
- Produce and maintain all patient documentation following all regulatory guidelines and protocols. Documentation may including clinic notes and referring physician updates.
- Provide independent, collaborative, and medically delegated nursing functions for persons with epilepsy. Execute standards of nursing practice including assessment, outcome identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Maintain current licensure and basic life support certification.
- Provide patient, families, hospital staff and community epilepsy education utilizing appropriate instructional strategies.
- Identify problems, recommend and implement interventions and evaluate outcomes to ensure compliance with standards of clinical practice.
- Initiate and/or participate in relevant research projects for publication, meetings or other professional presentation.
- Establish and maintain patient database for ongoing research.
- Maintain and enhance current nursing and sub-specialty knowledge base and skill through continuing education.
- Develop and maintain positive working relations with all MEG employees and other departments as a responsibility in fulfilling all job functions.
- R.N. degree from an accredited college or university.
- RN license from the State of Minnesota Board of Nursing.
Minnesota Epilepsy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer