Posted 2 weeks ago
Minnesota Epilepsy Group is the largest and most comprehensive adult and pediatric epilepsy program in the Midwest. As a regional referral facility, we are the recognized leader in treating epilepsy and other seizure-related conditions in infants to the elderly. We are a national, state-of-the-art, Level 4 epilepsy center committed to enhancing each patient’s quality of life and maximizing seizure control.
- Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer all incoming phone calls in a timely and efficient manner.
- Write accurate, legible notes for each patient phone call including patient name, caller name, date, physician, brief description of need and refer to appropriate staff member.
- Schedule and cancel appointments as needed.
- Perform clerical duties as assigned.
- Maintain adequate supply of patient forms and packets.
- Develop and maintain positive working relations with all MEG employees and other departments as a responsibility in fulfilling all job functions.
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Process payments from patients for co-pays and uninsured visits
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient records
- Manage inventory of necessary office supplies and coordinate reordering
- Ensure that the waiting room environment remains quiet, calm, and welcoming
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Previous medical office experience.
- Computer experience, preferably in a Windows environment.
- Ability to operate multi-line phone line.
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment and prioritize tasks based on importance
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time
Minnesota Epilepsy Group PA is an Equal opportunity employer.