Minnesota Epilepsy Group is the largest and most comprehensive adult and pediatric epilepsy program in the Midwest. As a regional referral facility, we are the recognized leader in treating epilepsy and other seizure-related conditions in infants to the elderly. We are a national, state-of-the-art, Level 4 epilepsy center committed to enhancing each patient’s quality of life and maximizing seizure control.
Major Accountability: Responsible to the Medical Records Manager to coordinate and maintain all patient records in a professional, legal and confidential manner.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide and ensure legal, timely and efficient maintenance of all medical records including but not limited to EMR, PET Scans, MRI Scans.
- Gather records from Cerner and Epic and upload/scan to eCW.
- Prep new patient charts for their first office visit in a timely manner.
- Gather medical records from designated areas and distribute as needed.
- Work with St Paul Radiology and other entities to get patient CT, MRI or PET scans as requested.
- Assist with scanning as time allows.
- Maintain efficient and confidential system to document all medical information releases.
- Prepare records for surgery conference on a weekly basis.
- Sort external mail, ensuring outgoing mail is ready for pick up daily.
- Assist with the distribution of incoming faxes.
- As directed distribute and prepare outgoing correspondence, patient mail and faxes.
- Coordinate all requests for off-site storage from MEG staff with ACCESS.
- Act as back up for all other front office positions during absence or heavy workload.
- Perform additional clerical duties as requested.
- Develop and maintain positive working relations with all MEG employees and other departments as a responsibility in fulfilling all job functions.
High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Previous medical records experience and/or graduation from an accredited program.
- Computer experience, preferably in a Windows environment.
- Ability to communicate in English both oral and written.
- Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Ability to stoop, bend, twist, reach and lean repeated times.
- Ability to provide regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to maintain effective working relations with varied levels of individuals. For example a range could be a patient to a visiting physician from another country.
- Maintain confidentiality/privacy as described in MEG’s policies and as described by HIPPA.
- Abide by security rules as defined by MEG policies and as described
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
Minnesota Epilepsy Group PA is an Equal opportunity employer.