Minnesota Epilepsy Group is the largest and most comprehensive adult and pediatric epilepsy program in the Midwest. As a regional referral facility, we are the recognized leader in treating epilepsy and other seizure-related conditions in infants to the elderly. We are a national, state-of-the-art, Level 4 epilepsy center committed to enhancing each patient’s quality of life and maximizing seizure control.
We have a unique opportunity for a RN to join our interdisciplinary team in a full-time capacity working with drug, and observational studies relating to epilepsy.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recruit eligible patients for enrolling clinical trials and obtain informed consent.
- Work in collaboration with physicians to coordinate care for enrolled subjects.
- Coordinate all aspects of a study visit, including but not limited to scheduling time with the physician and outside facilities, as well as performing EKGs and blood draws (including processing and shipping of specimens).
- Conduct subject visits assuring all procedures are in compliance with the clinical trial protocol and FDA guidelines.
- Appropriately document study procedures, provide subject/caregiver training, calculate dosing schedules, reporting of adverse events, perform drug accountability, data entry into online electronic data capture systems.
- Maintain close communication with the study sponsor and answer all queries they may have.
- Travel may be required for investigator meetings.
- Minnesota RN license is required.
- Previous pharmaceutical clinical trial experience is required.
- Previous experience with epilepsy and neurology is preferred but not required.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple tasks simultaneously with precision and adhere to sponsor requirements is required.
- Ability to work as a team with a positive attitude.
- Exceptional organization skills, attention to detail, and effective communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgement as it relates to patient care issues.
- Ability to remain calm and maintain professional behavior in stressful situations.
- Ability to provide first line intervention for seizure occurrences and/or interrupt patient engaging in dangerous or aggressive behaviors.
- Maintain confidentiality/privacy as described in MEG’s policies and as described by HIPPA.
- Abide by security rules as defined by MEG’s policies and as described by HIPPA
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
Minnesota Epilepsy Group PA is an Equal opportunity employer.